This page contains the driver installation download for SM Bus Controller in supported models (OptiPlex 7040) that are running a supported operating system. How to fix 'SM Bus Controller doesn't have a driver' problem in Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Are you getting yellow exclamation warning symbol over the SM Bus Controller shown under 'Other.
- Home » SM Bus Controller Use the links on this page to download the latest version of SM Bus Controller drivers. All drivers available for download have been scanned by antivirus program.
- Sm Bus Controller may sometimes be at fault for other drivers ceasing to function These are the driver scans of 2 of our recent wiki members* *Scans were performed on computers suffering from Sm Bus Controller disfunctions.
Recently I formated my hp 2000-2116tu notebook PC and reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Initially I found a lot of network drivers are missing. I have gone through hp support forums and almost all drivers are installed except PCI Device and SM Bus controller. I couldn't find it anywhere. Under device manager, these two devices are being shown with yellow exclamation.
PCI device hardware ID: PCIVEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_01
PCI device hardware ID: PCIVEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_04
1) Should I install these two drivers also, since now I am able to browse internet without these drivers?
If should, please kindly provide the link for the same. If you don't mind, pls let me know the use of these drivers.
2) I have installed windows 7 64 bit os. My notebook is equipped with quadcore i5 processor and 4 GB ram. Will these configuration is sufficient to run 64 bit os?
3) Most of theinstalled video players are 32 bit. So it is being seen that the videos are not so clear before i did format.Do you have any comments on this?
Sm Bus Controller Driver Hp Download Free
Please clarify my above given questions. Thanks in advance.
This is for the first one: Card reader:
And try the following link for the second one, it says Vista but should work for Windows 7:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Yes, you do need to install these to drivers.
First, download and install the Intel Chipset driver on the following link.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.
When windows has reloaded, download and install the Realtek Card Reader driver below.
When done, as you have installed the Chipset driver, I would also reinstall the Intel HD Graphics driver on the following link.
Again, when this has completed, restart the notebook and check if your videos now look as they should.
Regarding the memory, 4Gb is fine, although you can upgrade to 8Gb ( 2 x 4Gb Modules ) if you desire.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
Thanks you so much.. Also I would like to appreciate HP for such a quick responding forum. kudossss
Sm Bus Controller Driver Update
I am having ethernet controller and PCI serial port drivers issue. I know this because I see question mark beside these items in device manager.
I am using dc 5750 with windows 7 64-bit. And sometimes, I must also mention here, when I restart my computer several times computer does not show this problem and wireless card works fine.
This problem does not let my wireless card function so please tell me some solution that does not require internet or that involves some other way of connecting to internet then through wireless card.
- Open Menu
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista - Click Start , and then type Device Manager into the into the Start field. Click Device Manager from the search results.
- Windows XP - Click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties, select the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Click the plus sign next to System Devices, and then find the SM Bus Controller entry.
note:If you do not see an SM Bus Controller entry, your computer does not have an SM Bus Controller or it is not recognizing the controller. Restart the computer and perform these steps again. If you still do not see an SM Bus Controller entry, your computer does not have an SM Bus Controller.
- Right-click SM Bus Controller, and then select Update Driver. Follow the instructions to update the driver software.
- If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the computer did not find or install the correct driver, continue with the next step.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista - Click Start , and then type dxdiag into the into the Start field. Click dxdiag or dxdiag.exe from the search results.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open text box, and then press Enter.
- Click the Display tab.
- Find your chipset information in the Device section.Figure : Chipset information in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Open a Web browser window, and then navigate to a Web search page, such as Google or Yahoo.
note:Check the Related Links section of this document for links to some of the most common chipset manufacturers' Web sites.
- Type the full name of your chipset in the search text field, and then press Enter. Use the search results to go to the official Web page of the chipset manufacturer. Browse to the driver download page, and then follow the manufacturer's instructions to download and install the drivers for your chipset.