- H-town Ladies Edition Free Download
- H-town Ladies Edition Album
- H-town Ladies Edition Lyrics
- H-town Ladies Edition
|Ladies Edition, Woman's World|
|Studio album by|
|Released||October 28, 1997|
|Producer||Keven 'Dino' Conner|
To view this video download Flash Player. 4.0 out of 5 stars CD - H-Town Ladies Edition. May 24, 2011. Format: Audio CD Verified Purchase. This is really a good CD. I'm a male and these gentlemen are really singing about real woman and how a man needs to really treat a woman. I'm so thankful they made music deticated to us ladies.
Ladies Edition, Woman's World is the third studio album by American R&B group H-Town. It was released October 28, 1997 on Relativity Records. Ladies Edition is the group first release signed to the label, after releasing their first two albums on Luther Campbell's label, Luke Records. Hip-hop-influenced ballads and slow jams like 'Ways to Treat a Woman,' 'A Natural Woman,' and the single 'They Like It Slow' have a more respectful tone, and the group is more conscious toward women with this album.
The album's theme is making up for past transgressions with women. A theme conveyed in songs such as 'Don't Sleep on the Female', 'Julie Rain' (a sobering account of spousal abuse), and 'Jezebel' (which describes a single mother who turns to prostitution and drugs). The album was dedicated to Nicole Brown Simpson and 'all the women of the world'. Twenty national women helplines were also listed on the back cover. This was the final album released in Dino's lifetime.
After the lead single 'They Like It Slow' became a hit and peak to #12 on Billboard Top R&B Songs, Ladies Edition gained further popularity in the U.S., and the album quickly climbed to #12 on Billboard Top R&B Albums chart. H-Town scored their second highest charting album on the Billboard 200 at #53, their debut album, Fever for da Flavor peaked at #16 in 1993.
All songs written by Keven 'Dino' Conner and Solomon 'Shazam' Conner, unless noted.
- 'Woman's Anthem Intro' - 2:10
- 'Don't Sleep on the Female' - 2:54
- 'Toon Girl' (Dino Conner) - 3:04
- 'Die for You' - 3:30
- 'Married Man' (Dino Conner) - 4:39
- 'Beggars Can't Be Choosey' (Deja) - 4:05
- 'Ways to Treat a Woman' -
- 'Don't Hold Back the Rain' - 3:49
- 'I Sleep U I Wear U' - 4:12
- 'They Like It Slow' - 4:36
- 'Special Kinda Fool' - 4:07
- 'A Natural Woman' - 5:50
- 'Shoot 'Em Up' (Dino Conner) - 4:51
- 'Jezebel' - 3:45
- 'Woman's World' - 3:46
- 'Mindtaker' (Shazam Conner) - 4:40
- 'Visions in My Mind' - 4:01
- 'Julie Rain' - 4:15
- 'Woman's Anthem' - 4:50
H-town Ladies Edition Free Download
- Composer – Keven 'Dino' Conner
- Composer – Solomon 'Shazam' Conner
- Guest Artist – Roger Troutman
- Guitar – Brian Conner, [Additional Guitar] Randy Washington
- Bass – Gary Williams
- Producer, Arranger, Composer, Multi-Instruments, Mixing, Programming – Keven 'Dino' Conner
- Engineer – Micah Harrison, Dave Huron
- Engineer, Mixer – Charles Nasser
- Composer, Guest Artist, Producer – Deja (tracks: 6)
- Producer – Keven 'Dino' Conner
Production from album liner notes.
H-town Ladies Edition Album
|US Billboard 200||53|
|US BillboardTop R&B Albums||12|
|1997||'They Like It Slow'||35||12|
H-town Ladies Edition Lyrics
- ^Henderson, Alex (1997-10-28). 'Allmusic review'. Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- ^'Vibe review'. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- ^'H-Town Give Shout Out To 'Women Of The World' - Music, Artist News'. MTV.com. 1997-10-15. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- ^Allmusic - H-Town chart and awards history
- ^Billboard - H-Town Albums chart history
- ^Billboard - H-Town Chart singles history