They know this driver has dependencies so it’s likely that we must install some chipset driver first and then if the SM Bus is in a second driver to reboot sm buss controller continue with the next. Download the latest drivers for your HP Compaq dx2200 Microtower to keep your Computer up-to-date. Device Name: AMD SMBus. Driver Date, 2015-01-18.
10-14-201710:06 AM - last edited on 10-14-201710:56 AM by
I am having trouble locating the driver for my SM Bus Controller. It shows up in my device manager with a yellow ! next to it and says no drivers are currently installed. I have tried to automatically update the drivers in the properties for the Bus Driver but it says,
'Windows could not find driver software for your device.'
'If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software.'
After looking thru the drivers at the HP website i cannot figure out which driver is for the SM Bus Controller.
Product Name: HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC
that worked. not exactly sure what they did but it fixed my issue. thank you :)
Your very welcome @Subseven
That was 2 chipset drivers.
- Open Menu
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community
Sm Bus Controller Driver Windows 10 Hp
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista - Click Start , and then type Device Manager into the into the Start field. Click Device Manager from the search results.
- Windows XP - Click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties, select the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Click the plus sign next to System Devices, and then find the SM Bus Controller entry.
note:If you do not see an SM Bus Controller entry, your computer does not have an SM Bus Controller or it is not recognizing the controller. Restart the computer and perform these steps again. If you still do not see an SM Bus Controller entry, your computer does not have an SM Bus Controller.
- Right-click SM Bus Controller, and then select Update Driver. Follow the instructions to update the driver software.
- If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the computer did not find or install the correct driver, continue with the next step.
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista - Click Start , and then type dxdiag into the into the Start field. Click dxdiag or dxdiag.exe from the search results.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open text box, and then press Enter.
- Click the Display tab.
- Find your chipset information in the Device section.Figure : Chipset information in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
- Open a Web browser window, and then navigate to a Web search page, such as Google or Yahoo.
note:Check the Related Links section of this document for links to some of the most common chipset manufacturers' Web sites.
- Type the full name of your chipset in the search text field, and then press Enter. Use the search results to go to the official Web page of the chipset manufacturer. Browse to the driver download page, and then follow the manufacturer's instructions to download and install the drivers for your chipset.