Four months after the launch of the console, Microsoft still hasn't released a PC driver for the Xbox One controller. Someone else has finally done it for them. With a few caveats, YouTube user Lucas Assis has uploaded video instructions and a driver that will make your Xbox One controller work with your PC. The video is 11 minutes long, so it's not exactly a plug and play solution, but if you really like the Xbox One controller this will get it talking to your PC.
Jun 5, 2014 - Beginning today, new PC drivers for the Xbox One controller will be available for download. Simply download the drivers, connect your Xbox One controller to your computer through a. The Latest Recently on Major Nelson. Jun 5, 2014 - Microsoft is releasing PC drivers for the Xbox One controller today. Microsoft is releasing the drivers today at its download site, but the company. Via: Major Nelson; Source: PC Drivers for Xbox One Controller (x64) and PC.
Assis' solution uses a combination of a generic USB driver, controller emulating software vJoy, libusb (which allows applications to access USB devices), and his own application, which supports up to 16 (!) controllers. All of these are included in the download .
Basically, after downloading it you'll need to:
- Open your device manager and plug in your Xbox One controller
- Install the WinUSB device driver (a Windows driver)
- Install vJoy
- Open vJoy and use it to detect the controllers
- Install libusb, launch its filter installer wizard and use it to install the two WinUSB devices that are your controllers.
- Open Assis' app.
Assis does a good job of walking you through these steps in the video. They're are little involved, but nothing you need a computer science degree for.
From there you'll probably want to install XPadder or x360ce (included in the download) to make it work with games as if it were an Xbox 360 controller. As you'll see in the video, x360ce is a little problematic, and Assis still has some issues with the d-pad, but until Microsoft offers something better, we'll have to make do with homemade solutions. And it took Assis all of a day to make his application. By the time Microsoft gets around to fully supporting the controller, this utility may have ironed out all the kinks.
- Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up to date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.
Major Nelson Xbox One Controller Driver Download Free
Major Nelson Controller For Pc
- The auto-detect feature of this update may not work immediately if you plugged your stereo headset adapter into the controller while downloading a system update, or while the console was turned off. To resolve this, go to the Home screen and unplug the adapter. Then, re-plug the adapter into the controller.
- You only need to update your controller one time to use the stereo headset adapter. However, if you plan to use the stereo headset adapter with other Xbox One controllers, you’ll need to follow this process for each controller. Additionally, check for new updates periodically as Xbox frequently ships new controller features and improvements.
- If you try to update a controller that was already updated, the system will check the controller and proceed to the success screen within a few seconds to indicate that it’s already updated.
- If you have more than one controller connected via USB cable, the update will tell you to disconnect the other controller and update just one controller at a time.