Apple has released iOS 12, the latest version of its mobile and tablet operating system. While the update mainly focuses on delivering a faster and more responsive OS across a range of older iPhones and iPads, it also packs a host of new apps and features.
The new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR ship with it pre-installed, but here we’ll take a look at how to install iOS 12 on older iPhones and iPads.
If you are suffering from iPhone Unable to Download item in iOS 10 problem, or meet it once again, you can do as the steps to fix it easily and fast. Also if you would like to download some videos on iOS device from some websites, you can get help from AnyTrans. Free trial for AnyTrans now. Solution 4: Use iOS 10.3.3 IPSW File to Update. As a last resort, you can manually download the iOS 10 IPSW file and use it to update your device. This usually fixes the issue as you no longer depend on Apple’s servers to download the firmware file. This method is recommended for advanced users as it requires you to update to iOS 10 manually.
First, make sure your device is capable of running iOS 12. Like iOS 11, iOS 12 is only compatible with 64-bit devices — which means 32-bit devices like the iPhone 5 won’t be able to run the update.
Here are the supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X
- iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4 iPad 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 12.9 inch, iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- iPod Touch (sixth generation)
Back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Before you update to the iOS 12, you should make sure to back up your device’s data. That way, if you lose anything while downloading the new OS, it will be easy to restore things back to the way they were.
Ios 10 Update Download
You can choose to back up data on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch via iCloud — or via iTunes on a PC or Mac.
Here’s how to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iCloud:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Settings, select your name, and tap iCloud. (If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, you’ll have to scroll down and tap iCloud).
- Tap iCloud Backup. (For those on iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup). Also, make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- You should also make sure to check the backup is completed. You can do this by opening Settings, tapping on your name, going to iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and tapping on your device from the list.
If you choose to back up your device using a computer, you can use the built-in backup function via iTunes.
Here’s how to back up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using iTunes:
- Make sure your iTunes is updated to the latest version, open it up, and plug your iOS device in.
- Follow the onscreen steps if a message asks for your device password or to Trust This Computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch when it appears in iTunes.
- You can save Health and Activity data from your iOS device or Apple Watch by selecting Encrypt and creating a pass code. If you don’t want to save your Health and Activity data, you can just click Back Up Now.
- After the process is done, you can check to see if the backup finished successfully by clicking iTunes Preferences > Devices (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Devices (on a PC).
How to download and install iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
The easiest way to get iOS 12 is to install it right on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch you want to update.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- A notification about iOS 12 should appear and you can tap Download and Install.
- It can take a while, during which time you won’t be able to use your device, so tap Install Tonight or Remind Me Later if you want to postpone for a more convenient time.
How to download and install iOS 12 from iTunes on your PC and Mac
If you prefer, you can download and install iOS 12 from your computer using iTunes. Here’s how:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device. In iTunes 12, you click the device’s icon in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary > Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
If you can’t download iOS 10 beta over-the-air on your iPhone as 'Your Software is up to date' appears, follow this tip to fix the issue.
Apple has rolled out iOS 10.1 beta 5/Public 4. One of the most significant features in iOS 10.1 is the Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus. Portrait mode applies DSLR-like blur effects over photos with the use of the dual-lens system.
Unfortunately, when I rushed to download the iOS 10.1 beta on my iPhone, I saw “Your Software is up to date” message-even after I had installed the iOS beta software profile on my device.
Luckily, I’m not alone to have run into this issue as so many friends of mine have been faced with the same problem and are unable to download the latest beta of iOS 10.1.
Just when I began to feel a bit sad, a tried and tested trick hit my mind. And guess what? It really worked for me. If you are having the same problem, you can also try your luck.
Can’t Download iOS 10.1 Beta on iPhone or iPad? Tip to Fix the Issue
Note: Follow this post to sign up for the iOS 10.1 beta and enroll your device just in case you haven’t yet done it.
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device → Next up, tap on General.
Step #2. Scroll down until you see the Profile option.
Step #3. On the Profiles page, you will have to tap on the iOS Beta Software Profile.
Step #4. On the screen, you will see the option to Delete Profile. Tap on the Delete Profile button to get rid of it.
Now, reboot your iPhone. On your iPhone 7/7 Plus, press and hold On/Off button. While still holding the ON/OFF button, press and hold the volume down button until Apple logo appears on the screen. On other iPhone/iPad models, press and hold on the on/off and Home buttons at once for about ten seconds.
Step #5. Now, go to Apple developer center and download the iOS beta software profile again.
Step #6. Once the profile has been installed on your device, open Settings → General → Software Update and try to download the beta again.
Step #7. If the same message appears again, you need to quit the Settings app. Reboot your device. After your device has restarted, delete the beta profile (step 1 to 4) and repeat the same process. (During my test, I had to repeat the process twice.)
Hopefully, the trick has worked for you this time.
/download-game-grand-theft-auto-windows-10/. Like this article? Do let us know your feedback in the comments below.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.