Jan 17, 2018 - Xbox 360 wired controller won't install on Win 10. I even went to the Microsoft site and downloaded the Win 7 64 bit drivers, installed them.
If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version. Take into consideration that is not recommended to install the driver on Operating Systems other than stated ones.
In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):
1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice
2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager
3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software
4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver
5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
6. Click 'Have Disk'
7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok
About Joystick / Gamepad / Wheels Driver:
Windows 10 64-bit Download Free
Installing the controller’s drivers and utilities allows the system to properly recognize the connected device (either wired or wireless products), as well as to use all of the unit’s features, such as force feedback, custom vibrations, and others.
In addition to that, applying the appropriate files lets users configure the controller’s functions and buttons, and might even add support for various accessories compatible with the device.
As for applying this release, the steps are very easy: make sure your operating system is supported by this software, get the package (extract it if necessary), run the available setup, and follow the on-screen instructions for a complete installation.
Even though other OSes might be compatible as well, we do not recommend applying this release on platforms other than the ones specified. In addition to that, after installing the software, we suggest performing a system restart to make sure that the changes take effect properly.
That being said, click the download button, get and install the controller’s software, and enjoy all its available features. Moreover, don’t forget to check with our website as often as possible in order to stay up to date with the latest releases.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:
- Windows XP 64 bit
Windows Vista 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
- file size:
- 7.6 MB
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
Buy Windows 10 64-bit
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.